ABLE announce their conference dates for 2018-19
The ABLE committee and partners have listened to member’s feedback over the last academic year and we’ve decided to change the venues for our 2018-19 conferences. I’m confident you’re going to be impressed!
11 October 2018 (Please note date change) & 13 February 2019 will be held at Eastwood Hall
Free parking is available and delegates have the opportunity to stay overnight at a reduced rate, so why not meet up with colleagues for a meal and networking the night before? You’ll also be able to use the leisure facilities after the conference at a discounted rate. During the day tea, coffee and cold drinks are unlimited and the lunch menus look amazing! Please go to the website for further information: https://www.eastwood-hall.co.uk/
19 June 2019 will be held at Center Parcs
For this event, which we are aiming to bring in a theme of wellbeing and the conference will be held in the beautiful setting of Sherwood Forest. Enjoy a leisurely, short stroll through the forest to the conference venue at the heart of the complex. There is also a Starbucks, several restaurants, bowling and leisure facilities to use if you like after the event free of charge. There’s even a spa so why not book yourself a treat after the conference? Please go to the website for further information on the site, but we will be in touch on how you can get discounts and many more offers – we are going to work hard to ensure that this event will be one to remember at the end of the school year and to give you all some needed chill out time! http://events.centerparcs.co.uk/conferences-and-events/index.html
Have you completed the membership form for 2018-19? Join ABLE here
Please note we will need to limit membership numbers this year to ensure that we can fit everyone in to the venues cabaret style – we want to ensure that we bring you the very best quality events to ensure that your time out of school is high quality, beneficial, relaxing and just the way you want it!
Don’t miss your chance to attend three conferences were you can meet colleagues and share experiences on topical issues within Educational Business Management.
· Free attendance at 3 meetings per year including lunch and refreshments.
· Additional Business Network Events – many free – covering the hot topics facing our sector – for example General Data Protection Regulation GDPR), Site Management, Health & Safety, Apprentice Levy and Internal Audit.
· High Quality Guest Speakers – previous presenters have included Vic Goddard (Educating Essex), Andy Whittaker (The Art of Being Brilliant), Pam Burrows (People Booster), Steve Head, Go Mad Thinking! Richard Whitehead (Paralympic World Champion), Tricia Stewart (the original Calendar Girl) and many more! Watch this space for an appearance from a BAFTA award winning actress in 18-19 – all will be revealed soon!
· Meeting various suppliers with an opportunity for excellent discounts and free gifts. A one-stop shop to provide best value for your organisation.
· Access to a member’s only website with valuable support and information.
· Discounts on services from partner businesses.
· A local link to the Institute of School Business Leaders (ISBL), formally the National Association of School Business Management (NASBM). In recent years, the Association has been instrumental in the development of a nationally recognised competency framework, contributed extensively to the development of professional qualifications and played an active role in helping shape government education policy.
Click on the following link to complete your membership application for 18-19 Join ABLE here
Chair, Association of Business Leaders in Education
If you no longer want to receive emails from ABLE please contact email@example.com
Save the date! Headteachers Conference - 4th and 5th July 2019
Save the Date! Headteachers Conference - 4th and 5th July 2019
Following the success of our Conference for Headteachers and Governors, which took place in March 2018, we are delighted to announce that we will be running another conference next year.
The Conference will be held on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th July 2019 at Eastwood Hall.
The focus of the Conference will again be upon current leadership and management issues, with an emphasis on strategic thinking to bring about improvements for all children and their families.
As we prepare for changes in Ofsted inspection and the curriculum in 2019-2020, we will be making links with our other LA conferences for teachers (31st January 2019) and deputy headteachers (22 March 2019).
Please book the dates in your diary and look out for more information on S4S in September.
For more information, please contact Tim Dutton, Senior Adviser For School Improvement:
Tel: 01629 532761