The NQT Induction Conference is a key opportunity to understand what Statutory Induction means and to meet other NQTs who are embarking on their journey as a teacher.
The day is filled with essential information for NQTs including: an introduction to the Statutory Induction process, a FAQs session from Recently Qualified Teachers, essential Teacher Standards Part 2 information, and an uplifting and informative behaviour management session.
This Conference welcomes all NQT's as they begin their teaching career in Derbyshire. The day will provide you with:
NB. Attending the NQT Conference (either in September, October 2019 or January 2020) additionally entitles the NQT to attend our useful NQT network meetings (February / May 2020 at John Hadfield House) to continue their knowledge in such areas as evidencing their progress against the Teaching Standards, a guide to writing reports; and introductions to subject leadership and performance management.
- Opportunities that will complement and enhance your Initial Teacher Education
- NQT induction guidance
- Up-to-date E-safety guidance for professional teaching practice
- Effective behaviour management strategies
- Networking opportunities, and essential input from a successful Recently Qualified Teacher (RQT)
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- understand the roles and responsibilities of the NQT within the Statutory Induction process
- know effective behaviour management strategies (Ref Teachers' Standards 7: Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment)
- recognise the key requirements for professional E-safety (Ref Teachers' Standards Part Two: Personal and Professional conduct)
- develop a peer-to-peer network (Ref Teachers' Standards 8) to support ongoing professional development.
For further information, or should you have any questions, please contact Paula: email@example.com. The cost of this course is £216 per delegate (£240 per delegate for sites who do not subscribe to the Education Improvement Service). Our Cancellation Policy can be viewed here: www.services.derbyshire.gov.uk/Page/7672 Please note that lunch will be provided for this event.
NQTs from all phases